Sunday, September 22, 2013

Running in the Rain

The miles have not been coming easily lately.  Neck, then back issues, and then a cold made me limit my runs in the last couple of weeks.  But I have still managed to get in some nice long runs on the weekends.  The first two pictures are of a foggy morning at Rancho.



Then on Saturday I got out for one of my favorite loops, the Saratoga FA course.  This time in reverse, or clockwise direction.  I started out with an overcast, cool morning and then got hit with a rare September rain storm.  It was one of my favorite runs of the year.  Hearing the rain filter through the giant trees and the pit-patter on the ground in the middle of the forest, where you are the only person around for miles.  It is an awesome feeling!  I thoroughly enjoy running in the rain, even more so after 5 completely dry months.

Just below China Grade, some fun rock running.

They thought they had some privacy!  Got em...

My boys after it rains.

1 comment:

  1. Pretty Rancho pics and the one by China Grade!

    Those boys were scary. But they sure had a lot of fun!

    ReplyDelete